Local Information Wallgau - Wallgau - Places - Alpenwelt Karwendel - Urlaub Mittenwald Krün Wallgau
- [ALT+0] Zurück zur Startseite der Alpenwelt Karwendel
- Direkt zur Hauptnavigation
- Direkt zur Volltextsuche
- Direkt zum Inhalt
Information on Wallgau
Sun-drenched Wallgau is at an altitude of 900 meters (2952 feet) above sea level. Quaint farmhouses and ornate facades give the place an artistic flair that is representative of Upper Bavaria. A vacation in the mountains as it should be.
The international biathlon star Magdalena Neuner raves about her home in Alpenwelt Karwendel: "I gather strength here." In addition to family, it is primarily the lifestyle and village community here in Upper Bavaria that keep her grounded. Nature, lots of walking and cycling routes and the clear air create ideal training conditions, as well as providing for enjoyable vacations.
In Wallgau, traditions are brought to life every day and hospitality comes from the heart, whether from the bands or the many hosts and proprietors. In winter the snow-covered Isar Valley provided the venue for hot-air ballooning and dog-sleigh races.
- Golfers are welcome at Karwendel Golf and Country Club. Enjoy the panoramic views when you tee-off on the 9-hole course!
- In winter, you can zoom along the Magdalena Neuner cross-country ski trail or take part in the visitors' biathlon and follow in the footsteps of the charming Olympic champion from Wallgau.
- From 4-star hotels to private rooms, here you will find the right accommodation for your holiday in Wallgau in Alpenwelt Karwendel.