Tobogganing and sleigh rides - Family winter - Family - Enjoy - Alpenwelt Karwendel - Urlaub Mittenwald Krün Wallgau
- [ALT+0] Zurück zur Startseite der Alpenwelt Karwendel
- Direkt zur Hauptnavigation
- Direkt zur Volltextsuche
- Direkt zum Inhalt
Tobogganing and sleigh rides
…Tobogganing – for some serious fun…
Winter fun for the whole family; no other winter sport results in as much laughter and excitement as the toboggan. In Wallgau, Krün, and Mittenwald, there are numerous small slopes of every inclination from which you can launch your toboggan, down into the valley at your own risk.
However, the official Kranzberg toboggan run is highly recommended. Thanks to the chair-lift, you can whiz down here as many times as you like without having to walk all the way back up each time. Alternatively, you can also climb the 225 meter (738 feet) difference in altitude along a very diverse winter hiking trail and stop off at Berggasthaus St. Anton (St. Anton's Mountain Tavern) before going down the mountain again.
The ADAC Toboggan Run Test 2012 categorized the varied toboggan run at the Kranzberg as "good".
In the ADAC test, the toboggan run scored highly under the following criteria:
- The continuous sideguard at toboggan height
- Clear warnings of hazardous areas
- Use restricted to tobogganers
- The separate footpath at the beginning of the run
- Signposts and signage available
- Lift personnel are very friendly and helpful.
- Learn more about the prices for the Kranzberg toboggan run here.
- Toboggan runs in the immediate vicinity are located in Scharnitz, Seefeld, Leutasch Valley and Garmisch-Partenkirchen.