Ski Tours Educational Trail - Ski tours - Winter - Enjoy - Alpenwelt Karwendel - Urlaub Mittenwald Krün Wallgau
- [ALT+0] Zurück zur Startseite der Alpenwelt Karwendel
- Direkt zur Hauptnavigation
- Direkt zur Volltextsuche
- Direkt zum Inhalt
Ski Tours Educational Trail
…experience nature on skis…
A very special highlight awaits winter athletes and especially ski tourers - a unique and special highlight on the heights of the Kranzberg – the K2 Kranzberg route. The well-signposted route leads from the valley station of the Kranzberg chairlift on to nearby Buchenwald over various mountain pastures in the skiers' paradise at the Kranzberg. For ski tourers this continues across a short, steep section that ends below the Korbinianhutte and then leads to the mountain station of the Kranzberg chairlift. Past Berggasthof St. Anton (St Anton's mountain inn) and on through the idyllic mountain forests of the Kranzberg, up to the 1,391 meters (4,563 feet) high summit of the Mittenwald Hausberg.
The new K2 Kranzberg route is 3.7 kilometers (2.3 miles) long and 450 meters (1,476 feet) in altitude, and passes a total of 12 signposts with many interesting tips on "doing hairpin turns" or correct behavior on the ski tour route, for example. There are also numerous direction signposts showing the course of the educational trail. A special feature is the designated downhill run, which provides a safe descent back to the valley even outside the times when organized skiing takes place. Two of the three mountain inns on the K2 Kranzberg route - the Korbinianhutte and the Kranzberg-Gipfelhaus - are not just open by day, but also invite you to enjoy a cozy ski tour evening every Wednesday. Sufficient parking is available at the valley station of the Kranzberg chairlift.
- Further information on ski tour routes and the mountain hut evenings in the region can be found at www.pistentour.com.
- Information about cross-country skiing, Alpine skiing, tobogganing, free-riding & much more is available in the winter brochure for Alpenwelt Karwendel.
- If you have any questions about your vacation in Mittenwald, Krün and Wallgau, the vacation advisors at the tourist information offices would be happy to help at any time.