Natural spectacle - Enjoy - Alpenwelt Karwendel - Urlaub Mittenwald Krün Wallgau
- [ALT+0] Zurück zur Startseite der Alpenwelt Karwendel
- Direkt zur Hauptnavigation
- Direkt zur Volltextsuche
- Direkt zum Inhalt
Embedded between the Zugspitze and the Karwendel mountains situated at approximately 900 m sea level the young Isar plays the leading part. From its point of source in the Karwendel mountains the “green” river of Bavaria flows through Mittenwald, Krün and Wallgau. Its valley holds rare flora and fauna and it also elates young barrage builders and kneippism goers.
The “Buckelwiesen” hummocky meadows are a one of a kind natural jewel in Bavaria. Over 200 different types of plants grow here. In the spring time it basically means drop the curtain for thousands of crocuses it is a spectacle in violet and white in front of the backdrop of the mountains.
When the meadows are freshly mown in the summer time then you can smell the mountain herbs. You can even taste the richness of nature either in the goats’ milk ice cream on the “Goasalm”, in the ham of the Karwendel and in the beer of the brewery of Mittenwald.
- get a free of charge foot massage on the barefoot walking trail at the Kranzberg. You will find out all about a hike with collecting herbs and nature hikes in the calendar of event.
- The “Bergwelt Karwendel” is very fascinating, it is situated at the top station of the Karwendelbahn (cable car). The interactive natural show lets you see the nature spectacle of the high mountains.
- nature and forest experience trails as well as three geological walking routes show you the richness of nature in Bavaria