Local Information Mittenwald - Mittenwald - Places - Alpenwelt Karwendel - Urlaub Mittenwald Krün Wallgau
- [ALT+0] Zurück zur Startseite der Alpenwelt Karwendel
- Direkt zur Hauptnavigation
- Direkt zur Volltextsuche
- Direkt zum Inhalt
Vacation in the Climatic Health Resort of Mittenwald
...a vacation in the Bavarian Alps...
is particularly enjoyable in Mittenwald. The center of the town is dominated by the Parish Church of St. Peter and Paul with its Baroque steeple. It is surrounded by the Christmas market during Advent. The pedestrian zone and “Lüftlmalereien” (frescoes) on the house facades nearby add quite a bit of flair. The renovated historic center is resplendent, with its giant violin and raft, little streams and squares.
This violin-making center and climatic health resort in Bavaria is steeped in history. To the south where the Isar rises, Bavaria meets Tyrol. Because of this, Mittenwald has been a commercial gateway to the south for centuries. This time of prosperity is brought to life again by the town every five years in the form of the "Bozner Markt" "Bozner Markt" or Bolzano market, a traditional Christmas market in South-Tyrol. Culture vultures will also appreciate the violin-making museum, the genuine folk music and the very diverse Musiksommer festival.
The area surrounding Mittenwald is also a paradise for vacationing in Bavaria: The varied landscape is loved by cyclists, hikers and families alike: The palette ranges from crocus meadows to jagged rock formations. Take the Kranzberg chairlift in comfort; the higher mountains are then reached by taking the Karwendel cable car.
- Mittenwald is the starting point of the legendary BIKE Transalp race. There are courses all around with altogether 25,000 meters in altitude.
- High above the town is the "Riesenfernrohr", Germany's highest nature information center at 2,244 m (7362 feet) above sea level.
- From 4-star hotels to camping in the great outdoors, you will find the right accommodation for your holiday in Mittenwald in Alpenwelt Karwendel here.