International Dog Sled Race Wallgau
- [ALT+0] Zurück zur Startseite der Alpenwelt Karwendel
- Direkt zur Hauptnavigation
- Direkt zur Volltextsuche
- Direkt zum Inhalt
International Dog Sled Race
... a touch of Alaska...
blows through the winter paradise, Wallgau, in the Alpenwelt Karwendel region on the 4th and 5th of March 2017. Once the “musher” (dog guide) gives the command “Go” and the Huskies firmly pull on the ropes, the peaceful Wallgau transforms into a sports metropolis of sled dog sports.
Over 100 teams with 800-1000 huskies are racing for victory. At distances of 6,12,16 and 37 kilometers the Alaskan Malamutes, Samoyeds and Siberian Huskies put their all into it. In teams of up to 12 dogs and speeds of about 40km/h, the pack rushes through the Upper Isar Valley. From the “stake out” (starting point) at Finz across the meadows towards Barmsee and back again. Children can play with the children’s skidoo.
● Start times: Saturday 10:00 a.m. - Sunday 9:00 a.m. (entry fee € 3.00)
● There will be a large musher party on Saturday evening.
● The winners are expected to be honored on Sunday at 15:00 p.m.
Organizer: Ski Club Wallgau & Frankish Sled Dog Association
- Advice and information on more winter fun in the Alpenwelt Karwendel can be found here .
- For questions about your active vacation in the Alpenwelt Karwendel contact our vacation consultants at any time in the Tourist Information Center .
- ... are you searching for event tips for the Alpenwelt Karwendel? No problem, we have compiled all the information for you here .