Cross-country skiing - Winter - Enjoy - Alpenwelt Karwendel - Urlaub Mittenwald Krün Wallgau
- [ALT+0] Zurück zur Startseite der Alpenwelt Karwendel
- Direkt zur Hauptnavigation
- Direkt zur Volltextsuche
- Direkt zum Inhalt
Cross-country skiing in the sun
The sunny valley around Mittenwald, Krün and Wallgau is a paradise in Bavaria for this healthy winter sport. Cross-country skiers glide over snow-covered, undulating pastures, along the Isar or around small lakes. All around the Upper Bavarian Alps are covered with snow. Alpenwelt Karwendel lies at approximately 900 meters (2952 feet) above sea level and is considered to be certain of snow.
The cross-country ski trail network is 150 kilometers (93 miles) long and has won an award from the German Ski Association. Speedy skaters can also have their fun here. The new Magdalena Neuner cross-country ski trail is an homage to the charismatic Olympic gold medalist from Wallgau in Upper Bavaria.
Circuit courses, night cross-country ski trails as well as coffee shops, taverns and huts along the way provide for even more enjoyable cross-country skiing. You can often join the cross-country ski trail directly from your accommodation in Alpenwelt Karwendel. Allow yourself to be inspired by the magnificent panorama of the Bavarian Alps!
- Visitors' Card holders can ride in comfort and free of charge on the cross-country ski and ski bus.
- In our winter brochure you can find more information about activities in winter.
- For more cross-country ski trails in the area: Leutasch and Seefeld in Tirol (chargeable)