Chapels in Alpenwelt Karwendel - Sights - Culture - Enjoy - Alpenwelt Karwendel - Urlaub Mittenwald Krün Wallgau
- [ALT+0] Zurück zur Startseite der Alpenwelt Karwendel
- Direkt zur Hauptnavigation
- Direkt zur Volltextsuche
- Direkt zum Inhalt
Chapels in Alpenwelt Karwendel
... Places of silence and contemplation ...
the chapels in Alpenwelt Karwendel. The popular holiday destination with its three idyllic resorts of Mittenwald, Krün and Wallgau is rich in these colorful cultural treasures. The magnificent parish churches such as St. Peter and St. Paul's in Mittenwald and St. Sebastian's and St. Jakob's in Wallgau are known to all who visit Alpenwelt Karwendel on a regular basis. But even the smaller churches, referred to as chapels, attract visitors with their colorful frescoes, set in the wonderful natural surroundings of Mittenwald, Krün and Wallgau.
One of these very special places is the chapel of "Mary the Queen" at Lautersee above Mittenwald. This was built from 1994-1995 by the Mittenwald Traditional Mountain Costumes Association and was consecrated on 28. May 1995. Since then, the welcoming and colorful little church has become a favorite for church events such as the “Georgi Ritt”, which is a horseback pilgrimage in honor of St. George, and for musical services.
The chapel of "Maria Rast" in the middle of the unique undulating pasture landscape between Mittenwald and Krun is also well worth seeing. Since it was consecrated in 1998, the chapel has become a popular destination for hikers and walkers in Alpenwelt Karwendel and invites you say a spontaneous prayer, to reflect or simply to rest.
Learn many interesting facts about the churches and chapels in Mittenwald, Krün and Wallgau on the regular local and guided tours.
- Tradition is of the utmost importance to us - information on the culture and customs in Alpenwelt Karwendel are available here!
- If you have any questions about your vacation in Mittenwald, Krün and Wallgau, the tourist team at the tourist information office would be happy to help.
- Are you still looking for your "dream" accommodation? Click here to go to accommodation providers in Alpenwelt Karwendel!