Castles and Churches - Day Trip Destinations - Facts - Alpenwelt Karwendel - Urlaub Mittenwald Krün Wallgau
- [ALT+0] Zurück zur Startseite der Alpenwelt Karwendel
- Direkt zur Hauptnavigation
- Direkt zur Volltextsuche
- Direkt zum Inhalt
Castles and Churches
A hike in the sun to the chapel of Santa Maria Rast on the undulating pastures with a fantastic panorama of Alpenwelt Karwendel...
The church that stands on the site today was built by the Wessobrunn master builder Joseph Schmutzer between 1734 and 1749. The patron saints of the church, Peter and Paul, adorn the spire of the church.
Chapel of Maria the Queen at Lautersee in Mittenwald
The chapel near Lautersee was built by the Traditional Alpine Costumes Association in Mittenwald between 1993 and 1995. Just a wonderful place in Alpenwelt Karwendel...
This Baroque church was built from 1760 to 1763 and consecrated in 1791 by Bishop Joseph of Freising. Saint Sebastian became the patron saint.
Martin Luther visited Mittenwald as the first "Protestant" in 1511 on his return journey from Rome. In 1938, the church was rebuilt. Our church community also includes the Protestant citizens of Krün, Wallgau, and Klais.
The Church of St. Jakob in Wallgau was mentioned in 1295 for the first time. The Baroque steeple with its "Zwiebelhaube" (onion dome) can be seen from quite far away.
King's House on the Schachen mountain tour, the Alpine Garden and the "Turkish Hall" on the top floor are a special surprise for visitors. Hiking or mountain bike tour approx. 10 km (6.2 miles) from the hiking parking lot Krün – Elmau.
The Baroque Benedictine Abbey includes a distillery and a brewery, among other things. The dome fresco of the monastery church by Johann Jacob Zeiler is particularly worth seeing - 30 km (18 miles).
One of the oldest Benedictine monasteries in Bavaria; founded in 725. The Baroque abbey complex was built from 1669 under Georg Asam and Johann Baptist Zimmermann, and invites you come and see it - approx. 32 km (20 miles).
The smallest of the castles was the only one to be completed while Ludwig II was still alive. He spent most of his time here - approx. 40 km (24 miles).